North Summit Fire District is currently accepting applications for Full Time Firefighter II/Paramedic who will perform fire and EMS duties. Please see the Firefighter II/Paramedic functions and qualifications section. We are a drug free workplace conducting drug testing. North Summit Fire District is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Must submit a District application found on our website at: www.northsummitfire.org.
Full Time Firefighter II/Paramedic October 31, 2023 at 5pm.
Test Date: Wednesday November 8th, 2023.
· Firefighter II/Paramedic $20.20 – $31.34
All applicants must submit the following:
· North Summit Fire District Application
· Cover Letter
· Copies of all applicable licenses and certifications
- Options for a premium free Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- State of Utah Retirement
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Vacation Pay
- 401K Match
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the coordination, instruction, and/or supervision of all Firefighters as assigned. May receive supervision from an Engineer.
· Performs firefighting activities including driving light (brush trucks/support vehicles) fire apparatus, operating pumps, and related equipment, laying hose, and performing fire suppression tasks.
· Responds to medical emergency calls and assists EMS personnel with patient care as needed.
· Participates in fire drills, attends classes in firefighting, emergency medical, hazardous materials, and related subjects.
· Participates in the preplan and inspection of buildings, the inspection of hydrants, and other fire suppression systems as required.
· Maintains firefighting equipment, apparatus, and facilities. Performs minor repairs to district equipment.
· Performs general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire facilities and equipment; cleans and washes walls and floors; cares for grounds around station; makes minor repairs; washes, hangs and dries hose; washes, cleans, polishes, maintains and tests apparatus and equipment.
· Presents programs to the community on safety, medical, and fire prevention topics.
· Performs salvage operations such as throwing salvage covers, water evacuation and debris removal.
· Participates in physical fitness activities to maintain the capacity for sustained physical exertion.
· All duties and responsibilities designated by NSFD Fire Chief or his administration.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must be (18) eighteen years of age or older.
· Must have (AHA) American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
· Must have ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, and ICS-800.
· (PALS) Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
· (ACLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
· Must have Utah Firefighter II certification.
· Must have Utah Hazmat Operations.
· Must have NWCG Firefighter II certification (Red Card) within 90 days of hire date.
· Must have NREMT Paramedic or higher certification.
· Must be a citizen of the United States of America at the time of application or provide proof of appropriate work permit.
· Must have the ability to learn the operation of fire suppression and other emergency equipment. Must have the abilityto learn to apply standard firefighting, basic and advanced life support, and fire prevention techniques.
· Must be able to perform strenuously or to peak physical effort during emergency, training, or station maintenance activities for prolonged periods of time under conditions of extreme heights, intense heat, cold or smoke.
· Must be able to read and write the English language. Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Must possess or be able to obtain by time of employment a valid Driver's License.
· Must have a stable driving history without record of suspension or revocation in any State.
· No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history within the past seven years. Must be of good moral character and of temperate and industrious habits.
· This is a safety sensitive position and must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
· This position does not qualify for tele-commuting.
· ADO Pumper
· ADO Aerial
· Fire Instructor 1
· EMS Instructor
PMA Job Posting .pdfNSFD Application Rev 10.17.23.pdf