North Summit Fire District is currently accepting applications for Full Time Captain AEMT/Paramedic who will perform fire and EMS duties. Please see the Captain functions and qualifications section. We are a drug free workplace conducting drug testing. North Summit Fire District is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Must submit a District application found on our website at: www.northsummitfire.org.
Full Time Captain AEMT/Paramedic October 31, 2023 at 5pm.
Test Date: Tuesday November 7th, 2023.
· Captain AEMT/Paramedic $27.75 – $32.12
All applicants must submit the following:
· North Summit Fire District Application
· Cover Letter
· Copies of all applicable licenses and certifications
- Options for a premium free Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- State of Utah Retirement
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Vacation Pay
- 401K Match
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responds to alarms as incident commander and ensures that pertinent priorities, strategies, and tactics are performed in an effective, efficient manner by assigned companies.
· Supervises all Firefighter I, II, Engineer I, II and Apprentice Firefighter positions under the direction of the Chief and Deputy Chief.
· Performs and supervises firefighting activities including driving all fire apparatus, operating pumps, and related equipment, laying hose, and performing fire suppression and containment tasks.
· Responds to medical emergency calls as dispatched and ensures scene safety and determines scene priorities.
· Identifies training needs and assists in developing classes and drills to meet these needs.
· Participates in fire drills, attends classes in firefighting, emergency medical, hazardous materials, and related subjects.
· Participates in the preplan and inspection of buildings, the inspection of hydrants, and other fire suppression systems as required.
· Supervises all assigned work to be certain that companies follow all safety measures and standard operational procedures.
· Provides training to assigned personnel and/or companies in OSHA, NFPA and NSFD safety standards and operational procedures.
· Maintains firefighting equipment, apparatus, and facilities. Performs minor repairs to district
· Presents programs to the community on safety, medical, and fire prevention topics.
· Participates in physical fitness activities to maintain the capacity for sustained physical
· Performs other job-related duties as required by the NSFD administration.
· Assists in other supervisory and administrative activities as assigned.
· All duties and responsibilities designated by NSFD Fire Chief or his administration.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must be (21) twenty-one years of age or older.
· Minimum of eight full years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of volunteer/part-
· time years of service.
· Must have American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
· Must have ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, and ICS-800.
· (PALS) Pediatric Advanced Life Support
· (ACLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support
· Must have Utah Firefighter II certification from Utah Fire Rescue Academy.
· Must have Utah Hazmat Operations certification from Utah Fire Rescue Academy.
· Must have NWCG Firefighter II or higher certification.
· Must have NREMT Advanced Emergency Medical Technician or higher certification.
· Must have Utah Apparatus Driver Operator – Pumper certification.
· Must have Utah Apparatus Driver Operator – Aerial certification.
· Must be a citizen of the United States of America at the time of application or provide proof
· of appropriate work permit.
· Utah Fire Officer I certification from Utah Fire Rescue Academy.
· ICS-300, ICS-400
· Associates Degree or Higher in Fire Science or a related field.
· NWCG Engine Boss certification.
· Utah Commission of Fire Officer Designation – Supervising Fire Officer certification.
· Fire Instructor II certification
· NREMT Paramedic Certification
Captain Job Posting .pdfNSFD Application Rev 10.17.23.pdf