- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them!
- Always have water handy (a hose or buckets of water).
- Only use fireworks as intended. DO NOT try to alter them or combine them.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Use common sense when using fireworks. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the fireworks. The person lighting the fireworks should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix! Have a “designated” person light fireworks.
- Only persons over age 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type.
- DO NOT ever use homemade fireworks or illegal explosives; they can kill! Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department in your community.
- Use only Utah State Fire Marshal approved fireworks (if you buy instate your buying legal)
Fireworks can be discharged, between the hours of 11am and 11pm except as noted:
- July 1 – July 7 (July 4th hours extended to midnight)
- July 21 – 27 (July 24th hours extended to midnight)
- Coalville City has restrictions on fireworks.
- December 31 11am – 1am Jan. 1
- Chinese New Year’s Eve 11am – 1am the follwoing day
Class “C” fireworks can be sold the following dates:
- June 23 – July 27
- December 29 – December 31
- 2 days before and on Chinese New Year’s Eve